Sunday 2 December 2012

#reverb12 Day 2: Your most significant spend?

Today's hint for a post is to think of what the most significant thing we have bought in 2012 is, in terms of impact.  I can't remember half of the things I have bought this year (probably means they aren't as significant) but two instantly came to mind.

The first one was actually a birthday present from The Boy but it has helped me with my crafting as well as uni work.  My lovely Kobo eBook reader:


The second one is one that I haven't mentioned before but has helped a lot recently and has given me lots of crafty inspiration.  I had been thinking about buying one for aaages but a note in one of my birthday cards told me to treat myself to something I really wanted so I decided to spend it on - a pretty purple sewing machine.  The woman in John Lewis didn't think it would be very good which made me worry a bit, but since I got it, it has been much better than she said it would be.

.
So far I have only used it for repairs and for changing mine and The Boy's Halloween costumes to make them more wearable (he wanted pocket holes making and mine was 5 sizes too big - but as the only one left in ASDA the night before Halloween I didn't have much choice).  Since buying the sewing machine I have had so many crafty ideas come to me so I just need to find time to make them all now!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a sewing machine - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete