Firstly is a pretty random request that I received on a night out - my friend asking was just a tad tipsy! She asked me if I could make 'aaaanything' and so I hesitantly enquired what she had in mind and was met with - a bunny disguised as a zebra with one ear up and one ear down. Random, I know! After checking that she still wanted it the next day, I set out making it. I only wanted to make a simple shape so the stripes would be more effective so here is my finished bunny-disguised-as-a-zebra.
Next is the pattern I was testing for Lucy In The Sky - 'Granny Chic 'Granny Stripe' Wrist Warmers'. Sadly, I didn't make it quickly enough to give feedback about it - I was kicking myself for that! So I let it hibernate for a bit but I've been crocheting it madly for the last couple of days as the temperatures have dropped again and I am rather chilly. The pattern is really easy to follow and I think they look great and fit really well too. The hardest part for me was choosing the colours. I decided to make it symmetrical from the centre and I chose 2 colours that worked with the main colour and 2 that clashed with it.
I also want to say "Hi!" to my Best Friend who is off work ill at the moment - I hope you feel a bit better today.
He's in the middle of buying his own place so I'm planning to make a housewarming present. I'm going to need to start making it soon as I don't know when he's likely to move.
And, finally, because I saw this idea on Kittens With Mittens and it looked like a good way to keep track of projects:
FO’s 2012 = 18 + 2 =20
WIP’s = 6
Queued = 8
That wasn't as many as I thought it would be actually so I'm quite pleased!