After I made my crocheted snood cowl I still had a lot of autumn coloured bulky wool left and didn't know what to do with it. I just put it in my stash basket ans ignored it. However, after I had made the little knitted bear toy last week I decided I would knit myself a cowl with the remaining wool.
I just improvised the pattern - 70 stitches for 41 rows, mostly stocking stitch but starting and ending with 6 rows of garter stitch.
As everyone knows, I love to crochet. However, yesterday evening I felt like making something a bit different. I felt like knitting something for a change. So after some careful browsing of (very) easy Ravelry patterns I found Anything Animals by Rachel Borello Carroll
I loved that it was such a basic design but could be adapted into a variety of animals so I immediately set out to make one:
He's so cute!!! I used 3mm needles rather than the 4.5 recommended in the pattern. I can't wait to make more now.
Also you can probably just about see in the photo that I've dyed my hair a bright red colour which I absolutely love
One of my uni friends asked me if I wanted some wool the other day. She had been given it by her Auntie but had nothing to do with it so she offeref it to me instead. I was just expecting a few balls of wool but instead I got an amazing amount of wool.
I've grouped it by weight - the red 4ply at the start, then it's double knit, then aran, then the denim super chunky stuff at the end.
I love the colour of the Aran wool below. I've now got 450g of it.
Included was also a set of handles and a stitch holder.
Overall I think I am very lucky with what I got. The DK colours are all ones I didn't have before.
In other news, my uni project is going well - we've got to present it to the supervisor and assessor on Tuesday so we've been busy all day every day this week trying to get it working and complete our poster.
I'm still working on my Tetris blanket and my present for my best friend. Today I'll make the 100th granny square for the Tetris blanket. That does mean I will be 26 days ahead of where I'm supposed to be but when I get back to uni next week I won't be able to crochet as much.
I realised that I never photographed my cogs phone cosy so here is the finished project.
I also found that where I thought I had made 18 things in 2012 I had actually made 22 so now I have a list in a notebook (my Mum will be pleased I'm making lists).
Anyways I'm off to do some dishes and tidying up now as we may have a friend staying over (the one I made the red football for).
Simple Striped Bunny: (english terms used)
the first 12 rows use alternating colours for the stripes
1. dc 6 in a magic ring slip stitch to close (6)
2. ch 1, inc around slip stitch to close (12)
3. ch 1, (dc, inc) around slip stitch to close (18)
4. ch 1, (dc, dc, inc) around slip stitch to close (24)
5-13. ch 1, dc around, slip stitch to close. (24)
change to colour of bunny
14. ch1, in back loops only (dc, dc, dec) around, slip stitch to close. (18)
15. ch1, dc around, slip stitch to close. (18)
16. ch1, (dc, dec) around, slip stitch to close (12)
17. ch1, dc around, slip stitch to close (12) stuff body
18. ch1, dec around, slip stitch and fasten off (6)
Sew hole closed
Ears: (make 2)
ch 6, dc in 2nd chain from hook and along chain. dc 2 in last chain and dc down along other side of chain. Fasten off and sew to head.
dc 4 in magic ring. dc 4 around, fasten off and sew to body.
I sewed a little pink nose and sewed on the eyes as well.
I've still got a long way to go on this project but I've been sewing and crocheting it every day (or trying to) but I'm still on target to finish on my predicted date.
So far I've crocheted and sewn 68 squares so only 132 to go. I've got 3 complete rows but mostly it's pretty random - a big splodge in the middle with squares coming out in all directions. The most important thing is that it's making progress!
Doesn't it look pretty good! I can't wait for it to be complete now.
I also tried out a square of Crochet Lego Blanket Tutorial. It does look like Lego and it is so simple - just using bobbles to create the blobs (technical term) on a Lego brick.
Sorry the pictures look so dark but otherwise it's hard to see the bobbles.
My parents brought my stuff back to the flat today as I stayed with them for just over a week so I've been watching cricket this afternoon (while I unpack) as the Indian Premier League started today *does happy dance*. Last year I watched almost every match while I was revising for my exams.