Friday 17 February 2012

FO Friday - Valentines/ Birthday Makes

I was so proud - I finished The Boy's Valentines presents on time.  It was also his birthday on the same day so even more important to get it finished.

So I finished the 'Fight the MAN Fingerless Gloves' by Pren Wilcox.  It took me a few attempts though as I was crocheting it, trying it on me and thinking it looked big enough when I only have little hands compared to The Boy.  I haven't managed to get a photo of him wearing them yet so you'll have to make do with me.


The colour is a bit washed out though - they are a darker green in real life.

Another project I had been meaning to finish for The Boy I changed to a present - Jolly Little Goody Bags by Yellow, Pink and Sparkly as an apple cosy


The pictures are a tad blurry as I took them with my phone.

The final thing for The Boy's birthday that I made is the one I am most impressed with.  It is not crochet so a bit out of my comfort zone (I've never been good at making cards but I bought the book I Love Card Making by Amy Gooda which gave me a lot of inspiration)


And now for a non-present related project:
I made iPod Case by Brenda K. B. Anderson after seeing a mention of the free pattern Crochet Today



I made it for my little walkman that I've had for years.  The sewing isn't the best but I managed to get the song name 'It's my life' by Bon Jovi on the side because I love it!  The pattern had 'mixtape' written on it but I think it's much more personal this way.

Productive week for me!  I also did the bravest thing I have done for a very long time yesterday - months ago when I was working over the summer, I agreed to talk in one of the weekly seminars held for undergraduates in my department and talk about my experience as a summer student. 

Well, the day arrived and I was terrified!  I got up on the stage, looked at the 100-150ish students looking at me and said - 'oh wow this is scary!'  The Boy had told people about it so some of my friends turned up to watch me.  I talked for about 3 minutes, whilst trying to stop my legs shaking but at least I survived and it went ok.

I won't be doing anything like that again for a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy - they all look great. I'm so proud of you for being brave and making the speech.

    ReplyDelete