Sunday 28 September 2014

Yarndale!

Yesterday I went to Yarndale.  It's a 2 day yarn festival, organised by Lucy from Attic24 that takes place in Skipton.  As well as a great place to buy yarn, it's also a good chance to meet other crafters.


Yarndale is so colourful - as soon as you walk in you see crocheted bunting


Lots of colourful yarn - this is the Laalbear stall.


Apparently Ursula is retiring soon so we all took this chance to buy some of her beautiful colourful yarn.  This colour is called Gandalf  - I couldn't resist


I also bought this lovely green DK yarn from Wild Wood Wool


Apparently there was a theme of hand-dyed Blue Faced Leicester in the wool I bought! Here are all of the things I bought - the pinkish yarn is for my Mum


I also saw the Angora bunnies, sheep and alpacas


Before going, I saw on Instagram that a group of people were planning to meet for a picnic lunch so I decided to pack up my lunch and meet them there.  We had agreed to wear granny square badges to allow us to recognise fellow Instagrammers and it was great fun.  This is my granny square badge


I also made a name badge


I have lots of lovely new Instagram friends!  If you want to see the photos from the picnic then just search Instagram for the hashtag #yarndalemeet2014

Ole said she wanted to come with me and she really enjoyed meeting the other crafters and seeing all the yarn (yarn photos taken at Laalbear's stall again, animal photos taken from the stall of the creators of  Edward's Menagerie).  I had my fellow Instagrammers helping me take some of these photos!





The end of the day finally came around and it was time to hop on the red bus back to the station



Yarndale was a great day out - I'm still bouncing around from the excitement of it all.  Hopefully I'll go next year and meet up with everybody again.

3 comments:

  1. Was lovely to see you yesterday. Love the wool you bought look forward to seeing what it turns into x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. It sounds like a wonderful day out. Can't wait to see the yarn you got for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Yes, it was a fantastic event made especially brilliant by the opportunity to meet you and all the other lovely crafters. Roll on Yarndale 2015!
    Carol aka Dansnan xx

    ReplyDelete