Saturday 4 June 2011

Welcome to my Blog!

Hi, I’m Smiles A Lot.

I’m a natural optimist and love smiling (often manically).

I’ve just completed my second year at Liverpool University studying Electrical Engineering and Electronics (which I love doing).  

Outside of uni, I love to crochet, knit, draw, read, watch films, bake, and do jigsaws and word searches.  My other big hobbies are watching F1 and cricket.  I’ve never been to an F1 race but I watch it on TV almost religiously.

I have finally got around to making my own blog after being jealous of my Mum’s blog (yellowpinkandsparkly) for years and also being told that I had to wait until my summer exams were over.

The only way I got through my exams was by imagining all the wonderful things I could treat myself to when they were over.  The list started off as the DVD of My Neighbour Totoro which I have wanted to see for a while but, sadly, I missed it when it was shown on TV recently.   


 The DVD of Hot Fuzz quickly joined the list too as I’ve seen it so many times and just love it!
 

Besides F1, the other thing I am weirdly obsessive about is playing The Sims 2.  Although my poor boyfriend (The Boy) doesn’t understand why I like playing this game he is sweet enough to buy me expansion packs as presents and so I have been saving one (Open for Business) to play ONLY after these darn exams had finished. 

I’m sure I’ve said enough about exams – they are gone now.

I start work at my first ever job on Monday.  I’ll be working in the research and development department of a power/electrical engineering company.  This means that, instead of having a nice, relaxing lie-in on the first week-day of the summer holidays, I will be getting up at a ridiculous time and spending over an hour on trains to get to work bright and early.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I'm looking forward to reading your blog on a regular basis. Good luck and enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete