This week has been productive for finishing projects.
I completed the shawl I started in Finland using my wool I bought from Griffiths Mill on my hooky holiday in April.
It was my first attempt at proper lacework and it took a lot of concentration to follow the charts but I found that using stitch markers between each pattern repeat really helped.
I also finished my purple stripey socks.
These were knit on 2.25mm needles which is why they took me so long but I do love them now they are finished.
Other projects I've finished recently are...
This time for 2 little girls who had seen the other Clanger I made and wanted ones of their own.
I love this shawl - it's lovely and big - I can't wait to wear it.
And I'm nearly three quarters of the way through making my crochet blanket squares (315 out of 420 made).
Friday, 21 August 2015
Wednesday, 19 August 2015
The bag turned out really well. I ended up hand-sewing it rather than machine sewing as I wanted the greater control of going slowly.
The finished bag is 11 inches x 7 inches because I wanted a nice and roomy project bag and I bought 9 inch zips. I bought 3 zips from the haberdashery and I have already planned which of my fabrics I want to use for the other two.