Saturday 11 October 2014

Exhibiting an Awareness Blanket

I wrote a while ago about making squares for blankets with a Ravelry group to raise awareness for various illnesses.  I had volunteered to host 2 awareness months - stroke awareness and mental health awareness.

I had seen that there was an exhibition from the Creative Arts Support Team (CAST) coming up in Sheffield called 'Rhythms of Identity' which supported arts for mental health and my friend Hudson & General would be a part of it.

Hudson & General is an artisan crafter who makes vintage inspired and truly unique handmade timber crates. He asked the organiser if the blanket I had made with the help of the Ravelry swap group could be exhibited and she kindly agreed.

The exhibition started on Thursday so we went to set up our stand to display our work.  

Here is the finished awareness blanket - made of squares made by knitters and crocheters from all over the country.


This is our stand at the CAST 'Rhythms of Identity' exhibition - isn't the crate lovely!


It was lovely to meet the other local artists and hear the inspiring stories behind their artwork

2 comments:

  1. The blanket looks wonderful and I'm really impressed with the crate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blanket and the chance to show it off for a good cause is fantastic. I really love all the greens of that blanket. xx

    ReplyDelete